October 20, 2014

Wish BIG!

This bright and fun birthday card was one of the selections in my recent card buffet - it was a favourite among my guests, and I'm pretty sure most of the attendees made it!  The colour combination of Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, and Melon Mambo with a touch of Smoky Slate and Whisper White got rave reviews, too.  

It's no secret that I love mixing and matching stamp sets.  I think this set includes four of them.  It's so fun and the combinations are endless - if it's not something you usually do, give it a shot today!

This card could be done two ways - in the picture shown, the background is done in the "stepped up" version.  The simple version would be to stamp colour-on-colour (in this case, using Bermuda Bay ink on Bermuda Bay cardstock) but I decided to heat emboss in clear instead.  For a little extra shimmer, there's some Dazzling Diamonds glitter mixed into the embossing powder - I love the extra bit of glimmer!

Have a wonderful day!  Tomorrow is my birthday so I'm taking the day off.  See you again soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment