February 11, 2015

Get yo' birthday on! Celebrate Today.

Hello again!  I feel like it's been ages since I blogged - it's only been a week, but could that week have dragged on ANY longer?!  I was sick, my son had a potty training regression (can I get an ARGGGHHHH! from other moms who have dealth with this?  It was SO frustrating!), and we were getting back into the swing of life after being away on holidays.  I feel like it was a month.  

I wanted to come back with a big, fun birthday bang - what better than some Melon Mambo to make that happen??  It's such a bright, happy colour that it just warms me right up.  I chose Celebrate Today and the Balloon Framelits as part of my shopping spree I won with the Paper Pumpkin contest, so they were itching to be used.  Actually, there's lots of the new goodies coming up this week so check back for more!  


I was SO pleasantly surprised when I cracked open Celebrate Today - it is a HUGE stamp set!  The catalog really doesn't do it justice.  It's two full sheets of stamps with so many options and combinations.  Bundle it with the Balloon Framelits (and save 15%, of course!) and it's a match made in heaven!  It will be one of those sets I hang onto long after it's retired, for sure.

I paired Melon Mambo with some pretty simple choices - black embossing powder, silver foil paper, and some vellum.  That colour shines all on it's on so I didn't want to overwhelm the recipient!  A little sketched border anchors it .

I've got a Triple-Up Thursday coming up tomorrow featuring another one of the new sets from Occasions 2015 - any guesses?  See you then!  


No comments:

Post a Comment