March 14, 2015

How to re-purpose the Sweet-As-Pie Paper Pumpkin kit!

Happy Pi Day!  We are a family of geeks and Pi Day doesn't go unrecognized in this house!  I've made Pi-pie for my husband in the past (Key Lime, of course.  His favourite.)


But this year, I decided to bring the pie into my craft room!  Here's the backstory:

In October of last year, my Paper Pumpkin kit arrived - it was a pie theme for Thanksgiving, and it was SO cute.

But there was one problem:  Thanksgiving had just passed!  The kit was made with the American audience in mind, and Canadian Thanksgiving (or as we call it - "Thanksgiving") comes on the second Monday in October.

So the Paper Pumpkin kit got stashed away.  I used the stamps (because dang, they were CUTE!) and that pie has been sitting on my mind for months.  In February, it hit me - Pi Day!  And thus, today's reveal of something that has been in the works for about a month.


Sweet As Pie, repurposed!  I am SO excited to finally share these!

I had to make one per the kit instructions, because, I mean, come on.  It's adorable.



And then I made a special one, just for my husband.   He's my favourite geek and I always do a special Pi Day treat for him. 



Easter is right around the corner, of course, so I turned onto into a little carrot gift box for my son.  


And a slice of pie is almost as good as a slice of cake, so I turned onto into a birthday treat!  



Can't have a birthday cake without a birthday hat...



What else could I make with a triangle?  A sailboat!  And what better occasion for a sailboat than retirement?  


Spring is just around the corner, so I made a little hanging gift - tuck a few seed packets in here and hang it on your neighbour's doorknob!  


And last but not least - a little thank you box, featuring our fabulous In-Colour Sale-A-Bration items!  Woo hoo!  


Thank you so much for stopping in today to see this labour of love!  I hope it inspired you to think outside the box (ba-dum-bump!  See what I did there??)

Happy Pi Day!

2 comments:

  1. You're a genius!! The sailboat and carrot are my faves, but that birthday candle rocks too! Love it all Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all just adorable!! I am totally going to CASE several of them :)

    ReplyDelete