July 14, 2015

TGIF Throwdown - are you in or are you in?!

Ever watch MasterChef or Chopped?

Today, I'm bustin' out the Mystery Box and raiding the pantry to create my first card for TGIF Throwdowns - a bonus perk of being included as a guest star this week!

It's quite simple in theory - pick items from your challenge box, choose staples from the pantry, and go to town, making whatever speaks to you.

July's challenge box and pantry look like this:



Not too shabby, right??  The thing is - you have to use at LEAST four items from the challenge box, and you can't have ANY items on your card that aren't on one of these two lists.  This is where it gets tricky!  Here's what I came up with. 


My challenge items are Pool Party Ink, Hello Honey Ink, Typeset DSP, Balloon Framelits, and Black Cardstock.  All other items are from the pantry.

I had two slip-ups when I initially die-cut the coloured pieces from cardstock - I realized eventually that Hello Honey and Pool Party was only allowed in INK form, not cardstock, so I had to start over on those bits.  Thank goodness for sponges!

I have two very special people in my life turning 35 this year - however, with the Typeset DSP, you could create any number you want.  And the cool thing about this card is it's made without any stamps at all.  I love throwing that little trick in every once in a while.  :)

Please pop over to TGIF and join us for a throwdown!  I'd love to see what you whip up in the craft-kitchen this week!

1 comment: