February 26, 2016

Sun-Kissed Scrapbook Layout

Hello friends!  I recently purchased a Canon Selphy printer and it has totally changed the way I scrapbook.  I used to have to plan my layouts, choose my photos, send them to the printer, wait at least a day or two, drive there to pick up, THEN I could finally get to work.  This is virtually instant; I can literally just press a few buttons on my phone and 30 seconds later, I'm holding the print.

Because I can do this, I can whip up a layout when the mood strikes me.  This was one of those. I wanted a simple, blissful moment from my recent trip to go with a neutral layout.  The 12x12 Kraft Cardstock was calling my name; it's so beautiful and showcases a page beautifully!  Plus, Kraft goes with everything, doesn't it?

Scrolling through my photo album on my phone, I found a photo that spoke to me - I took it from my own point of view while I was lying on the beach one afternoon.  My legs in the sunshine with the ocean in front of me. 


This seems like an pretty non-traditional photo to scrapbook, but it made me feel wonderful and was such a nice moment of the trip.  It made me feel happy.  A simple title with one of our Hello You Thinlits was perfect.


I did a bit of journalling with the Alphabet Rotary Stamp, but I also like to write directly onto my layouts sometimes.  There's really no need for a journalling card or a separate area - just jot some notes right onto the cardstock.  Our Project Life Journalling Pens are great for this.


Mine reads - "Warm legs in the sun.  Shortly after this photo was taken, I had too much rum with my lunch and fell asleep on the beach."

Simple moments like this are worth documenting.  That's what memories are made of.  :)

Cheers,
Shannon

1 comment: