January 07, 2017

Sunrise Blocks

Hello friends!  What an exciting week it's been, with the release of the 2017 Occasions Catalogue AND the launch of Sale-a-Bration!  New to Stampin' Up!?  Sale-A-Bration is our most favourite time of year, when every $60 CAD purchase gives you a FREE item to choose from an exclusive catalogue!   Love, love, love!  More features will be coming with new products in the next few weeks - unfortunately, I've been up to my eyeballs in deadlines lately so all of my creating has to be kept secret for a little while!

Todays' card is a favourite made with classics from the 2016-2017 Annual Catalogue - and it's dead-easy but with a major wow-factor.  Colour blocking is one of my favourite ways to add impact to a simple background - by laying strips in alternating colours of cardstock, you can pack a major punch with minimal effort.


The strips I chose on this card are Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach, and So Saffron - and laid out like this, they remind me of a gorgeous sunrise.  So lovely!  The background has so much oomph that it's easy to keep the rest of the card simple - a bold sentiment and a couple of white embellishments do the trick!  This one would be tons of fun to recreate in different colours schemes.  Blue is my favourite colour, so I'm envisioning this with Dapper Denim, Marina Mist, and Soft Sky; or Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, and Pool Party.  Ooh la la!

Hope you're having a great day - and enjoy your weekend!

Cheers,
Shannon

1 comment:

  1. Love this, I'm a huge fan of this technique...your card is WOW.

    ReplyDelete