February 04, 2017

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop


Hello friends!  Today's blog hop is a very special one for me.  A few weeks ago, I was completely honoured and totally humbled when the amazing Kylie Bertucci asked me if I'd like to be the special guest for her team blog hop.  Not only do I get to create in the fabulous company of these amazingly talented demonstrators, but each of their projects would be inspired by something I've done.  I've LOVED following these blog hops in the past, but I never thought I'd see one with my own name on it.  Talk about a really incredible honour.  And as you've come all the way from the South Pacific on the last blog, let me give you a warm welcome to cold Canada!  

I went looking through my projects for something that was very "me," but also that I could put a more modern spin on.  I'm finding my crafting style is evolving and changing more lately in some aspects, but much of it is always the same - I'm sure you're going to see a lot of collages, layers, banners, and twine!  Both the "old" and the "new" have all of these, of course - it wouldn't be "me" without them.  

This card was the "oldie" that I decided to recreate.  I made this one in May of 2016.  


It has all the elements of a very "me" card, but I was never quite happy with it.  I liked the layout, but not so much the final project.  So I wanted a chance to redo it.  

With Sale-A-Bration in full swing, I'm trying to get the most out of these fabulous and free stamp sets.  I hadn't had much of a chance to use Hey, Chick yet, and when I grabbed it to make something, this creation just flowed out of me.  Some days, crafting is far easier than others; there are nights when a card takes me hours to finish and I still don't love it, and there are times when everything just comes together with ease.  This was definitely the latter.  


I started with the sunburst image - my new tie dye circle, if you will - and added elements in a similar fashion.  The splatter in the background, the stars where the hearts originally were, banners, a label die-cut, and some twine... and while all of the elements are fundamentally similar, I love how different this card turned out.


"Have a Happy Day" just seemed so fitting for this hop - it's a very happy day, indeed.  As I'm writing this, I have no idea what this blog hop will look like, and I can't wait to see everyone's creations.  The idea that each of them is inspired by something I've made just makes me shake my head in awe.  I'm still blown away that people actually look at my blog!

Thank you so much to each of the amazing designers who took part - I can't wait to read each of your posts and see your amazing creations!  Let's check them out, shall we?




And thank you to each and every one of you for stopping by to read today!  I hope YOU have a great day too.

With a grateful heart,
Shannon


Shopping in Canada? I'd love to help you create!
Click the links below to see the items used to create this card. 



17 comments:

  1. Stunning CASE Shannon - thanks for hopping with us, you have an amazing selection of cards and creations - it was hard to just pick one! Congrats on being part of the Artisan Team for 2017 x hugs from Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Shannon....totally love the Hey! Chick set...need to play with it some more I think.
    Thank you for joining us this Month for our blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Shannon, I loved your first card so much for it's splash of colour BUT that rooster is sooooo adorable how could you not love this too!. The layers with the words tucked behind really add that extra interest to your focal area. Everything works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome, awesome card!!!! (I actually like the first one too!) I love the "spray" of sun burst and stars behind the ecclectic chicken, from thehey chick stamp set. Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both cards! but the new one definitely adds a fresh new look to the card for a fresh new year, thank you so much for hopping with us it has been an honour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new take on the original Shannon. Really love your colours and all those layers - Magic! Thanks so much for hopping with us today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute chick!! Love it Shannon. Thank you for playing along with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for being a great inspiration to not only the Crazy Crafters but also the crafting world ... it was an honour to hop with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card! Artistic and adorable! Thank you for joining us on our blog hop and for your wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for hopping with us today! Great use of the Hey Chick stamp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank You for hopping with us today, Love the Hey Chick card. Angexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shannon I love your case of your own card - your ideas are fresh and you are an inspiration to all - congrats on being in the 2017 Artisan Design Team - hugs from Perth, Western Australia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card Shannon. Love them both, you bring all the layers so beautifully together. Love your work and attention detail as well as your love of colour. You're an inspiration and thank you so much for hopping with us. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you do layers so effortlessly!! Amazing! Thank you so much for taking part in the Crazy Crafters blog hop Shannon - the honour really is all ours. We have loved hopping with you today. Thank you for all you do to inspire not only us, the Crazy Crafters, but demonstrators around the world. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shannon, the honour is ours, thank you for your inspiration! Congrats on making the Artisan team for 2017. I love your blog, and casing you was such a pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are both beautiful cards- I wish I had the knack for layers the way you do! Thank you so much for hoping with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are awesome Shannon! Thanks for hopping with us. And, I love your project.

    ReplyDelete