January 05, 2016

Sale-A-Bration International Stampin' Up! Blog Hop!



Thank you for joining us today for a Sale-a-Bration International Stampin' Up! Blog hop. You may be just starting here or have come from the beautiful Ms. Kylie Bertucci all the way down under - she has put together this fabulous blog hop and I'm honoured that she's chosen me to participate!  There is a list at the bottom of this post, so please make sure to stop by and see everyone; we have 11 incredibly talented Stampin' Up! Demonstrators who wanted to highlight some of the new 2016 Sale-a-Bration items so that you can be inspired and work out what you would like to earn. At the moment you are currently in Calgary, Canada and you are about to go around the world to different locations to join us all.  Please don't hesitate to say hello and let us know what you think in the comments section!  

I've been working with the same colour pallet for the last few days, and it's all been kind of leading up to today's project.  Because while I was falling in love with this colour pallet...

... I thought, wouldn't it pair well with some vintage-y, sky-high stamps?? 

When I first saw the 2016 Sale-A-Bration catalog, I had an instant favourite.  I knew right away what I had to use for this project!  That said- my order has not yet arrived and I'm SO grateful to my fabulous friend (and next in line for this blog hop) Allison for loaning me hers!  Thanks, friend!  


Sky Is The Limit has some fabulous sentiments in beautiful fonts, but my absolutely stand-out favourite was the vintage biplane.  I fell in love with it immediately!  I have a million ideas swirling around in my head with this one (and there's a million more on Pinterest already!) so I hope there's no shortage of inpiration for you, either!

That adorable little plane needed an adorable little propeller, though - my Big Shot and I got to work on that!  With a piece of plastic packaging from an embellishment kit, I used the smallest of the Circle Framelits to die cut a tiny propeller, then punched a hole in the centre, snipped 6 sections and folded every second one up, and popped a tiny brad in the middle of it.  I've gotta say; it's my favourite part of the whole card!  

I'm so glad you stopped in today to share in our fun creations, and I hope you're finding a new favourite and your own must-have Sale-A-Bration item!  If you're going through the list, next up is Allison Okamitsu... Oh, Allison!  She is not just my stamp-saviour, but she's my bestie, my upline, my Nintendo buddy, my son's favourite auntie, and my partner-in-crime for 3am dance parties with crazy-good booty shaking.  And she's a heck of a great papercrafter, so you won't want to miss out!  


Cheers,
Shannon


20 comments:

  1. Oh Shannon! Your card is so beautiful! I adore this. Everything you make just takes your breath away. Thank you so much for sharing this great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the details in this card! Great guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mix of elements! Love how you feathered the striped ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this, Shannon! That watercolored circle is gorgeous and I love what you've done with the ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon, your card is so pretty, I love everything of it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. It's beautifully put together :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon, I cannot wait to re-create your card! I haven't used this set yet, but it won't sit idle much longer! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Shannon - I love this card. First of all, the background DSP is my favourite in the entire collection. On this card, it provides such a 'bold-yet-not-too-bold' pop. I love all the techniques and textures.
    Such an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the combo of white space and that beautiful detailed layering. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We were just talking about this stamp set yesterday, and how people needed some fresh ideas. You did it! Love the layout. LOVE the propeller idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gasp! Shannon this card is rocking my world. I love it. And especially the mono-colour combo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card Shannon. I loved the plane when I saw the set and your idea for the propeller is amazing.
    Teresa P

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a talented group! I have love every single card! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is absolutely gorgeous - all the different elements work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. I love that striped design paper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a total stunner my friend. You rocked it, like I knew you would!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I love your watercolored background. I love how you paired so many elements together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your card Shannon,it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete